Friday, April 18, 2008

Housemate Switcheroo

Above is a picture of me and my roommates. From the left are Seng, Jen, Lisa and Sam. Seng and Jen are married from Seattle and work for Food for the Hungry. Lisa worked for Adventist Development and Relief Agency and is a Canadian with a British accent who has lived a lot of her life in the US, or something like that. She left us a couple weeks ago after spending nine months in Rwanda, and there was a gaping hole in the dynamics of the house...until we found our new housemate....

A Puppy! Her name is the name of a Latin American fruit, Chirimoya, nickname Chi Chi. Seng chose her name because its his first dog to ever own. She came from a litter produced by our country director's dogs. She's a pure African mut. Its my first dog since Spot, a beagle I had when I was three that loved chasing oppossums. Chi Chi loves chasing feet and trouser legs and pees on the porch every night. She's quite adorable, but she's got a long way to go before she can drink coffee and hold a conversation at the same time on a calm Saturday morning. Until that happens, Lisa will be missed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Samuel! you got a puppy? I hope ChiChi has better manners than AnnaBelle does. I hope she doesn't bite unless you instruct her to. I am sitting at Starchilies (starbucks + chiles) really wishing I was at common grounds but it was packed. But maybe the coffee beans from starbucks where grown in africa? maybe we drink the same coffee. common grounds is having a concert for africa soon... maybe you could make a grand appearance?

I hope ChiChi learns to drink coffee and hold an conversation... I want a puppy but chase keeps telling me no - so if ChiChi doesn't work out for you maybe she can be my graduation gift!


Miss you!

Love you

Shelly

Anonymous said...

I miss Jack. You're a very lucky man, from what I can see. I'm on the nightshift here at the hospital- where the witching hours are the best time for blog hopping. Sounds like you're doing great things.